The Raspberry Pi has bee around for awhile as a kit which places computing in the palm of your hand, and reportedly Raspberry Pi Microcomputer Still Selling Like Hot Cakes. It gives you a low cost computer which can be loaded with a number of basic OS (See their downloads). This machine can be modified with a growing range of projects, and there are a good collection of teaching resources to go with it. There are two new crowd funded projects that will be worth following, Pi-Top and Durio Sound. Both of these show health development in the micro computing area.
- Raspberry Pi Founder Shows Off Incoming Touch Panel For Making DIY ‘Pi Pads’ (21st Oct)
- Raspberry Pi Microcomputer Gets Beefed Up — Still Only Costs $35 (14th July), two extra USB slots
- The PiPhone Is A DIY Cellphone Powered By Raspberry Pi (28th April) A clunky mobile phone with touch scene
- Turn Your Raspberry Pi Into A Computer From The 80s Using Commodore Pi (11th April) – A retro computer
- Make Way For A More Flexible, Business-Focused Raspberry Pi (7th April) – An alternative setup designed for hardware hackers, who like to make their own PCB boards